This congregation has run the Prison Ministry for over 6 years now. Here are some facts about this ministry:
- This program was developed to preach the gospel in state prisons with correspondence courses, on-site classes and one-on-one Bible study. It covers the facilities in Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, and Walton Counties.
- Bible Correspondence Courses are provided to inmates free of charge and a self-addressed pre-paid envelope is provided with each lesson to enable the inmate to return lessons for grading. At the completion of each course and completion certificate is provided to the student. Several courses are designed specifically for inmates and other provide both subjective and book studies.
- HERE is a Christian Chronicle article about prison ministries.
- If you have a friend or relative who is in an Okaloosa County correction facility…
…and would like for them to receive the initial lesson in a 5-part series entitled “There IS a Better Way,” download the enrollment form (click HERE), print it, fill it out, and mail it in to get started!
- Deacon in charge: Tim Stewart